Monday, May 25, 2015

The Next Step

I made some soap last night trying a new technique.  I don't think I have mastered it yet but I will try it again.  And again and again.  I saw this technique on YouTube so I wanted to give it a try.  Now looky here:


Okay, this isn't a bad design, but my vision wasn't 100% realized.  And the colors I chose didn't turn out as vibrant as I had hoped.  The color combo was supposed to be pink/orange/teal but some of the colors bled into each other more than I would have liked.  The orange is barely distinguishable. 

Well, I tried it again today but as we all know, soapmakers don't get to see their creations until 24 hours after they have been created.  It takes about that long (sometimes longer) for the soap to saponify and harden enough to cut. 

I have been using my PVC pipe mold again recently because I can and because I recently got some more caps for it.  OH!  And speaking of my round mold, I made some SHAVING SOAP!  I had a customer at the farmer's market ask me recently if I had some shaving soap and it was with great shame that I told him I didn't.  I went home and made the decision I had to get some shaving soap in my inventory.  Now I have it.

So perhaps that was the long way around to talk about a new soaping technique I'm trying but I was kind of excited about it and wanted to share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment